TERMS OF BUSINESS
Daniel Attwell Decorators Ltd
1) Scope of work: The painter and decorator will provide painting and decorating services as described in the quotation. The quotation will include the price for the project to be completed. We do not charge you a daily rate. The cost for the work stated will be certain unless changes agreed.
Surfaces will be prepared for painting/wallpapering and any necessary holes / cracks/ dents filled. While every effort is made to obtain a smooth finish free of cracks/ dents/ holes we cannot guarantee a perfectly smooth / flawless finish (Unless we have agreed to fully re-plaster your surface). This is especially important to remember if we are repairing any damage/ filling holes/cracks and dents etc.
We work carefully by hand and do not use the spray application often found in brand new homes. This means there will be imperfections as expected when using a roller or paintbrush by hand.
Issues with the finish cannot be guaranteed where there are contaminants such as silicon, wax, salts, acids, alkaline, damp or otherwise. This list is not exclusive.
The definition of satisfactory finish for painted surfaces: It should be reasonably smooth, free from nail holes, cracks and splits. Be reasonably uniform in colour, texture and finish. Surfaces should be viewed in daylight from a distance of 2 meters and not by shining artificial light on the surface. Wall lights and/or up lights should be switched off. Where painted surfaces are touched up, minor colour variations may occur.
For outside work expect an element of dust/particles to adhere to the paint in areas. We cannot control this without using hoarding to protect your home which we feel would be cost prohibitive for the minimal difference it will make.
2) Materials: The painter and decorator will provide all materials for the project (EXCLUDING SOME PAINT – please refer to your estimate) brushes, rollers, protective plastic, drop cloths, and any other equipment necessary to complete the project.
3) Snagging. We will ask you to check the work and If necessary, confirm any snagging issues on the day of completion. We will endeavour to rectify any issues the same day or will arrange a mutually convenient time in the future to address them. If you identify issues and that we cannot resolve that day then payment for 5% of the project value may be delayed until snagging is complete.
4) Payment: We accept bacs transfers & cash. The client will pay an agreed-upon amount upon completion for the scope of work as outlined in the quotation. A deposit may be required before work begins and stage payments may also be required as project progresses. We will notify you in writing via e mail if stage payments are required and will give you at least 2 days’ notice. If stage payments are not paid when requested then we reserve the right to terminate the contract and interest charged as below. On the day of completion you will sign to confirm the project is complete. Payment must be made within 2 working days of completion or we reserve the right to charge interest at 0.50% per day until settled. (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
5) Change orders: Any changes to the original scope of work must be approved in writing by both parties and may result in additional charges.
6) Completion date: The painter and decorator will provide an estimated timeline for the completion of the project but this is just an estimate. Unforeseen circumstances such as weather or unexpected repairs may cause delays. The painter and decorator will communicate any changes in the timeline to the client. We also may complete a project sooner than estimated.
7) Insurance: The painter and decorator will carry liability insurance to cover any damages or injuries that occur during the course of the project.
8) Access: The client will provide access to the property during agreed schedule start date to allow the painter and decorator to complete the work. Rooms will be cleared ready for us, pictures removed and furniture if appropriate moved to the centre of the room for access.
9) Clean-up: The painter and decorator will clean up after the work is completed, including disposing of any debris or waste generated during the project.
Termination: Either party may terminate the contract with written notice if the other party is in breach of the terms and conditions outlined in the contract. If the contract is terminated, we will charge for the work completed.
We will never sell or otherwise pass on your contact details to any other company or third party, unless required to do so by law. Your details will be retained to assist with your enquiry only.